How to Pay an Invoice
After you have successfully registered your company with Wise-Pay and configured your payer account, you can log in to view and pay the outstanding invoices through credit card or direct bank transfer. You can either make full payment or a partial payment for the outstanding invoices. If you make a partial payment, the financial transaction is updated with the payment made and the outstanding amount. The payment details are reflected to the accounting package, from where it is synced to ConnectWise.
Note: Unless the merchant has configured the Approve When Paid option in her Wise-Pay account, you cannot pay the invoices that are in Draft state. You can only pay the invoices that are Approved for payment. You can make partial payments when the merchant has configured the Finalise Partially Paid Invoices option in merchant configuration.
As a registered payer, you can use the following steps to make payment for an outstanding invoice:
- Log in to Wise-Pay.
- The Outstanding Payments pod displays the invoices for which the payment is outstanding.
Note: If the expected transaction is not visible, use the Refresh button () to refresh the contents of this pod.
- Select any of the following payment methods from the Actions drop down:
- Pay Now: Enables you to make a payment through a new or saved credit card. See How To Pay an Invoice Through Pay Now.
- Schedule: Enables you to make a payment through a saved bank account. See How to Schedule a Payment For an Invoice as a Payer.
- Batch Pay Now: Enables you to pay multiple invoices in a batch. See What are Batch Payments and How To Make Batch Payments.
- Automatic Payments: When configured by your merchant, the payments can be automatically taken by the merchants using your auto-pay settings. The automatic payment feature of Wise-Pay enables Wise-Pay merchants to automatically draw amounts for the issued invoices from the payers. The Wise-Pay merchant selects the ConnectWise billing terms that are agreed for automatic payments and configures when the payment would be drawn. The payer adds the bank account and credit card details and configures the automatic payment mappings. Once an invoice with a billing term configured for automatic payment is synced to Wise-Pay, the transaction is scheduled for automatic payment as per the configured payment terms. See How to Configure Auto-Pay.