Batch payments can be made whenever you have multiple outstanding invoices issued by the same Wise-Pay merchant. Currently batch payments can only be made via credit cards. Batch payment via bank payment/ACH is currently not supported.
Here's how to do it:
- In the Outstanding Payments pod, view your Outstanding Invoices.
- Select Actions > Batch Pay Now for any of these invoices.
Note: You can also use the Pay Now > Invoice Batch toolbar menu option.
- Check the invoices to include in the batch.
Note: You can also use Select All or Unselect All.
Wise-Pay will automatically calculate the total outstanding amount for the selected invoices.
- Enter the total amount that you want to pay in the Batch Amount text area.
- In the Allocated text area for each of the selected invoices, enter the amount that you wish to allocate to the invoice out of the total batch amount.
The sum of the all allocated amounts will appear in the Total Allocated Amount text area.
- Click Continue to view the batch details
- Verify the batch amount and Allocated amount before paying.
- Select one of the saved credit cards or click New to pay using a new credit card.
- Click Continue to view the Batch Pay Now screen that displays the payment, credit card, and invoice details.
Carefully review these details.
- Click I agree to terms and click Accept on the Terms & Conditions pop-up window.
- Click Submit to make the payment. The Batch Payment Details screen displays the payment details.
The Batch Status field displays the status of the batch payment. The status of each individual invoice from the batch is displayed in the Status column under the Invoices section.
The Re-submit button appears in the case of any payment error. It enables you to select a different card to make the payment.A Wise-Pay merchant can also take payment for an issued invoice on behalf of a payer, using the payer's bank account or credit cards. The payments taken by merchants are reflected in the payer's Wise-Pay accounts. A payer will not be able to pay an invoice for which the merchant has already taken a payment.
- Batch payments can only be made through credit cards.
- This feature is only available for invoices for which no previous batch payment has been made. This means, you cannot include those invoices for which a part-payment has already been made via a batch payment.
- The invoice that is included in one batch cannot be included into another batch for payment
- When a batch payment is applied to an invoice, it cannot have further batch payments applied
- You cannot remove all payments from a batch payment (at least one needs to remain applied) so the balance can be applied
- Once you have an overpayment, it can be applied to any invoice.